Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub / X

profile.country.GB.title
Hpayne
Explorer

ITV Hub / X

ITV have launched the new platform ITV X. When will this update on my Sony TV?

I am also unable to access 'live' tv on the current ITV Hub app. How do I resolve this?

Tags (1)
71 REPLIES 71
profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

Got a reply from ITV about my query.

I can confirm we are partially rolled out on your device.

We intend to offer HD on your device soon.

So that was pretty clear a staged rollout and at least HD is coming. Had to ask again about live TV and fast channels.

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@Hpayne @ccarmock @Jewers @rightgradely @royabrown2 

Has anyone used ITVX today? 

Tested Unstoppable and AEW dynamite, both seemed to very much be HD. No update to the YouView app either if has incorporated HD by now.

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

My KD-48A9 seems to have further updated - the ITV Hub logo on the 'Sony Select' bar on the home page has changed to a proper yellow & black ITV X logo now.

I also see HD on some of the content now that was only in SD before.

Interestingly the ITV promos before the programmes themselves appear still in SD!

So this looks to have finally caught up.  I am also seeing content that was not showing up in searches before for me - ie Doctor Who

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@ccarmock 

Yeah I noticed the ITV hub app skin also updated to ITVX, so my automatic app updates must have done is magic for me.

Wonder if at some point we will get the Live TV/FAST streams? Otherwise it’s a fantastic improvement on the hub app. 

That being said the promos for NOW content are also in SD despite me having Boost or not. So I’m not bothered about these being in SD for ITVX. 

It would seem that all the BritBox content has indeed been added in now. More relieved that we finally have HD and a vastly improved UI. 

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@ccarmock 

Just submitted 3 issues with ITVX.

1. No Live TV/FAST channels
  2. My watchlist doesn't even show all marked content 
  3. One show in particular doesn't even show new episodes on my continue watching

Apart from these issues I am happy enough with the app. 

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

From my understandign is Live channel sonly appear if the app is on a device other than a TV.   If on a TV they expect you to use the tuner and watch live that way.

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Also re content - is all britbox there now - as an exampel I see Carry on Camping available on Britbox (in HD) , not on ITV X.

Hardly a show stopper but one that I see different

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@ccarmock 

Which is fine if you have an aerial. However our new build doesn’t have one and I’ll be dammed if I’m wasting money on getting one installed.

Let’s face it, they have Live TV and Fast enabled on Samsung TVs. So there is NO excuse for them to not do it and keep things consistent. Something they should have done with the new app!

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@ccarmock 

It’s almost like the app and content is still getting fully rolled out as well as updated in further stages with the TV app.

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Completely agree with you - don't see why they'd make the distinction on which device it's on....