Join now - be part of our community!

Itv hub

mattwils
New

Itv hub

Itv hub is not working for me and hasn’t worked fully for a couple of weeks. I access fine, select programme, get the time bar and itv display then a black screen and that’s it. I’ve cleared data and cache, run a software update and done a factory reset, still no joy! I have a Sony Bravia , any help gratefully received! Thanks 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3

I have exactly the same issue. I have also cleared caches etc. Please can someone help

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

The ITV hub app is being updated at the end of September, perhaps they have been testing beta software in recent days weeks. This new update to the ITV hub will mean that some older TVs and devices will no longer be able to access the ITV hub, although according to the article below Sony TVs should not be affected,

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/8143424649105-Received-a-pop-up-on-your-device-Read-more-here...

Check that your TVs software/ firmware is up to date, and then check that the version of Android it is running is

the latest version.

If you are going to post on Sony TV forum it would be nice to include details of the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Simon23
Explorer

I have the same issue with the Sony KD65-A1 and ITV Hub. The ITV Hub app starts fine, you can browse available content but when you select an item to watch the progress bar comes up and then screen goes blank/black with silence and you cannot go back. You have to select Home menu and do something else. BBC, All 4 and My5 all work fine. It's just a problem with ITV Hub. I am casting from ITV Hub on my iPad until this gets fixed.