Join now - be part of our community!

KD 438053C

escasoni
New

KD 438053C

Of all the years of watching tv, I have to say this Sony takes the biscuit for being the worst.

First of all it continually keeps interrupting whatever program I am viewing to update something, presumably the android system software.  This happens without any warning whatsoever, when the screen suddenly freezes, then a few revolving circles and squiggles appear followed by the word SONY and then ANDROID.  After about 60 seconds the program resumes. Extremely annoying, especially as it happens at least twice every week.

If this needs to be done, why can't it be programed to happen at switch on or switch off.

Secondly, although the option is available to edit the channel setup list for analogue channels, this option is unavailable for digital channels, the option being shown, but greyed out.  Since all of tv channels are digital these days, this is a real chart topper from Sony.

It is most certainly the last Sony tv I will ever buy.  I feel like dumping it in a skip and buying Panasonic.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

I'm so sorry but... I have the same model and I'm not experiencing the same annoying behavior.

The tv is working like a tv :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Question 1: TV rebooting after trying to update something?

In regards to this issue, I think the first thing to do is factory reset the TV, this should clear whatever is preventing the update from happening.  Instructions : HERE

Question 2: Editing Digital Channels option is greyed out.

On my TV is it working fine.  Just to confirm, you are going to HOME > Settings > Channel setup > Digital Set-up > Digital Tuning > Program List Edit

Cheers