Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8305 & BDP-S6700 - HDMI CEC remote buttons issue

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

KD-43X8305 & BDP-S6700 - HDMI CEC remote buttons issue

so i've added a BDP-S6700 blu-ray player to my KD-43X8305.

al ok, and with HDMI CEC enabled i can control "almost" everything using the TV remote.

however, there seems to be 2 basic function buttons that don't seem to do as expected.

the STOP button on the TV remote does not result in the blu-ray disc stopping.
when pressing STOP all i get is "this operation is currently prohibited for this disc".
so cleary the STOP button is trying perform some other function.

the TITLE LIST button on the TV remote does not result in the blu-ray disc going back to the main title screen.

when pressing TITLE LIST it brings up the "recorded title list" screen as if i am trying to access the TVs in-built recroding functions (which i have not set up).

PLAY, PAUSE, FFW, RWD, CHAPTER AHEAD and CHAPTER BACK all work as expected.
as do UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT and OK/SELECT.

any ideas what the issue is? and if there is a resolution?

you'd think buying 2 sony products they would be able to integrate correctly!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try the following

HOME > Settings > External Inputs > Bravia Sync Settings > Device Control Keys

Set Device Control Keys to "Tuning Keys"

And see if that helps?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

That's already set, as I needed that for my satellite box.

Unless that setting is per input and not system wide?
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, its system wide. :expressionless:

I have no other suggestions im afraid.  If you wish to persue this further, I can escalate this thread to Sony Support if you like or you can contact them yourself?

Please let me know what you like to do.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

Escalate if you already have a line of contact
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done :smiling:

Sony should be contacting you in the next couple of working days.  Please ensure that your contact details are correct in your account profile.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Are you sure what you are describing are really issues?

TITLE LIST button is specific for the TV functions, to go to the BD content menu you can use the action menu button and go to the Menu section where you can find specific commands to be sent to the BDP (including the content menu)

The stop button is supposed to work, but several BD has specific control where part of the video playing cannot be stopped: the stop button of the BDP remote itself does have a different behaviour in the same context?

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

are they really issues?

well, IMO, yes they are.

i would expect TITLE LIST to be the equivalent of TOP MENU on the BD remote.
that seems to be the most obvious control the button would do when playing a BD.

it certainly makes no sense for it to bring up the tv recordings menu whilst playing a BD!
at the very least it should nothing at all if it's not meant to bring up the TOP MENU of the BD.

and for STOP, well STOP needs to be able to stop playback, otherwise how does one get back the BD top menu?
the only way i could do it with the TV remote was to chapter skip all the way to the end so that playback automatically went back to the TOP MENU.

i was playing the main content of the BD, so STOP should stop playback, just like PAUSE pauses playback, and all the other control buttons do as they should.

i don't expect the TV remote to replicate every function of the BD remote, but i expect it to perform the basics via HDMI CEC.

see photo of the two remotes, and the BD i was playing

IMG_20170526_161638.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not wnat to convince you, but what you expect could be not exactly what you can really have. Title list is Title list for the TV and it run a TV command. You can achieve the same function via the action menu as explained before (or evenvia the sync menu button)

For STOP it should work. On my rather similar setup (KD43XD8305/BDPS5100) it works: if you push stop it stops the playing. I do not have a very large BD collection (preferring to lease it or streaming from other channel), but on the few that I have it works as expected. But i remember on some movies that I leased playing some content (i.e. the copyright protection spot) it could not be stopped. For this reason I asked if with the same blueray in the same content if you can stop it with the BDP remote: I expect that they should work in the same way, so if one remote stop and the other no you are right