Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8309C Android 6 recurrent reboot

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
tomek8353
Explorer

KD-43X8309C Android 6 recurrent reboot

As the topic after the upgrade to Android 6 recurrent reboot. Please help me with the problem. 

https://youtu.be/DLzF2vGAieA

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

Hi

I just wanted to update you i managed to get mine working.

I did the following: 

1. Unplug the AC from the power
2. Press VOL- and power key on the unit (NOT REMOTE) and keep it pressed in
3. Re-plug the mains, keep pressing the VOL- and Power key
4. The status LED will turn green after approx. 30 seconds
5. Let go of the keys
6. The TV will restart itself 2 times and get back into the initial setup screens
7. Go through the initial setup, but do not tune any channels or register the google account 
8. Once in the home menu, go to settings, Storage and reset and preform again a “factory data reset” from here.
9. Complete the factory reset, when coming back to the initial screen, please complete normally (tuning, google account etc).

It is from Sony and i think i was not holding the buttons down long enough as i never saw the green light till today. I have fully set it back up and running.  

Hope it helps..

Anonymous
Not applicable
gregriddle1
Explorer

Thanks, but ...

Sony CS told me the same thing.  I kept holding the VOL- and POWER key on the back of the TV for well over a minute, repeated several times.  I don't get the green LED, it just keeps going on the reboot/marshmallow upgrade cycle.  Sony CS have escalated the case, anticipating an engineer visit next week.

gregriddle1
Explorer

Hope this solution works for most of you, it's what Sony CS advised.  Doesn't work for me unfortunately.

profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

gregriddle

Hope this gets fixed soon.  i know how annying it can be.  The other thing i did was the same as befire holding the volume down and power on the back of the TV but what i was doing before was unplugging the TV at the back instead of the power plug (dont think that makes a difference) but i got someone else to unplug the TV at the wall and then hold the buttons down and then plug back in and hold then they noticed the green light about 30 seconds or so later.

I was just pressing the buttons at the back and pulling the cord from the back of the TV.  Not sure this will make any difference.

Cheeers