Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8077 remote not working, tv totally useless as stuck at set up stage

profile.country.GB.title
jhamster
New

KD-43XD8077 remote not working, tv totally useless as stuck at set up stage

my 11month old televisions remote stopped working. changed the batteries out, checked that it is firing an infrared signal (which it is) by shooting it phone camera and seeing the little bleeping lights.  I was using iphone app to control tele, but then decided hey a factory reset will fix all the problems.   what an idiot! so now i am stuck at the "welcome" set up screen.  as the factory reset depaired the iphone from controlling the tele, and the remote is not recognized i now have a tv that is totally useless.  sent Sony an email a week ago and still no response.  I wonder if they are hoping i'll wait a month till after the warranty expires.  bad experience. 

any one got any suggestions for a fix?  done all the crazy remote reset things like batteries out, pressing every button twice, batteries out pressing every button for 3 seconds..  proper voodoo stuff, remote god awaken dance.  bricked tele.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi jhamster,

Thanks for getting in touch about these issues you are experiencing with your TV. We will check into it and someone will be in touch shortly.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU