Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8305 restarting after Oreo update

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

KD-43XD8305 restarting after Oreo update

My tv updated to the new Oreo firmware overnight. Since the update It keeps restarting since. I've tried several factory resets but it hasn't fixed the problem. I eventually got the tv to stay on  when I disconnect the ethernet cable but as soon as I reconnect it the tv starts to reboot constantly. Any ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @minimufc,

You could try to execute a Factory Data Reset on the TV to correct any corrupt settings causing the problem. You can find instructions on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on your TV on this article.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you perform a factory reset, all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Hi Dutchie

Thanks for your reply but I’ve tried this several times, both in the tv menu and by pressing the buttons. As soon as I connect the Ethernet or WiFi it goes into a continuous cycle of restarting. I’ve also now noticed that the Sony  soundbar connected via the arc isn’t being recognised now either. Everything was working perfectly last night before the update. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Problems like these are very well expected after a major update to be honest. Do you know the model and make of your router where the TV is connected to? There could be an IP address conflict that is causing the problem. Try power cycling the router to see if that fixes the issue.

Regarding the ARC problem, you might want to open a new thread so we can deal with that separately.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Tried restarting the rooter and as soon as I connect the tv restarts after about 10 seconds. the rooter I'm using isYour Virgin Media Hub 3.0

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are familiar with viewing/changing your router settings or not. But I'd like you to verify if it has IPv6 addresses enabled on the LAN. If it has, please make sure you disable that, and only enable IPv4 address leasing. This setting is often under DHCP settings. You always could contact Virgin to assist you with it.

May I also ask you if you have a mobile phone that supports setting up wireless hotspots to share 4G data with other devices?

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

Hi, IPv6 addresses are set to "stateless". I tried connecting the tv to my hotspot. it connects fine but then restarts after 10 seconds or so. its the same whether its connected via ethernet or via wifi. as soon as I disconnect the tv powers on fine. 

profile.country.IE.title
minimufc
Explorer

I also reset my modem and only connected the tv both wired and wireless but the tv still restarts. nothing else was connected to the router at the time. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

I suspect the software update has not gone down well on the TV. I suggest you contact Sony Customer Support as soon as possible and open a ticket with a link to this thread for them to read all that has been done already. Possibly a recovery package could be requested from HQ for the time being (since you are not alone), until an investigation can be opened on the issue.

I'm very sorry I can't do much more for you at this time. Please post back and keep us informed on the matter.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@minimufc wrote:

My tv updated to the new Oreo firmware overnight. Since the update It keeps restarting since. I've tried several factory resets but it hasn't fixed the problem. I eventually got the tv to stay on  when I disconnect the ethernet cable but as soon as I reconnect it the tv starts to reboot constantly. Any ideas?

There was (still is?) an issue like this when setting up a VPN  (via Android app) in Android 7.0. As soon as the network connected the TV rebooted. So, for starting, be sure that your LAN/router isn't using any VPN (the issue was only when a VPN app was running, though).

One thing you may try is to disable the WiFi, if you din't already, and then connect the ethernet cable (maybe try with a different cable, one you know it's working already. Like if you have a PS4 wired next to the TV, use its cable). Or try disabling everything not needed in the network settings. I think WiFi direct caused a reboot as well. Or, maybe, just try to change the DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). It's just in the hope that changing anything will bypass the bug. The fact that it happens immediately after a factory reset leaves a little space to manoeuvre. And also suggests that there might be an HW problem, which appeared only after the OS upgrade (once you factory reset your TV its' as good as one you have just got from a shop).

Good luck!

PS: @dutchice no, critical bugs like this on a public OS release are not expected ever. A computer system should never ever reboot by itself. The fact that it happens far too often with this broken OS implementation doesn't make it acceptable.