Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8305 - software bug in colour settings?

spater1975
Explorer

KD-43XD8305 - software bug in colour settings?

I have had my 43XD8305 for 2 weeks now and am broadly happy with it apart from the Colour Settings - I think there is a software bug here as when I change the colour setting (e.g. to 43), come out of settings then change channel, the screen colour then changes to a HIGHER colour resolution (even though colour setting is still showing as 43); a good 10% more vibrant colour than I had wanted. Hence I have to artificially LOWER my colour setting as I know the TV will correct it higher. Very odd 

Anyone else have this issue?

Also I think the red colour is over represented generally in all picture settings - I've spent oodles of time playing with the settings (reducing colour, reducing the red colour temperature setting, increasing live colour/ lowering colour) but cant't get it quite right, yet

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There is a known bug in colour temp/picture mode at current.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2175704#M83

Not seen the exact symptoms you have described however.

Can I assume you have the latest firmware installed, as well as having done a factory reset?

Cheers

spater1975
Explorer

Yes my symptoms are different to the 2015 Android TVs - possibly because mine is a 2016 model with a different version of Android?

Any yes I have the latest firmware and did a factory reset (albeit for a different issue related to the BBC iPlayer)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh, yes.  You're on Marshmallow now - keep forgetting :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I cannot test this as of yet, as im still on the Lollipop version at the moment.  Unless another forum member can test this and confirm the bug, I would advise you contacting Sony support at this stage.

Ive had a scan on the USA forums as well, and cant see any obvious posts about this either.

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Yes , I saw the same behavior on my KD-43XD8305BAEP , made on 2016/10 and Image Mode set to Standard . I already checked on Youtube and the Colour Setting reacts Normal . 

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

spater1975 , please read my post :

http://community.sony.ro/t5/android-tv/sony-kd-43xd8305b-motionflow-issues/td-p/2261532

and tell me if you encounter these issues on your TV set . Regarding Colour Settings , I saw the same behaviour on my TV , but using Youtube App , the Colour Settings work normally . Thanks !