Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8305 with optical link sound bar

profile.country.GB.title
Johnwithsony
Explorer

KD-43XD8305 with optical link sound bar

How do you make the TVs remote control work the sound bar. I have tried on/ off and reset soft n factory . I have to use the separate remote to control the sound bar. I want to use the main tv remote for everything 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I note that you have another thread about this:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/sound-bar/m-p/2243169#M13045

Anyway, it is not possible to control the soundbar with the TV remote control using the optical link.  You must connect the soundbar to the TV via HDMI cable.  You must use the HDMI-ARC port on the TV as well.  Once done, ensure that "Bravia Sync" is active on the TV and "Control for HDMI" is active on the soundbar.

Bravia Sync is Sony's word for the more generic term of HDMI-CEC.  It is the HDMI-CEC functions that allow the use of the TVs remote control to control other 'compatible' devices.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Johnwithsony
Explorer

Sorry for double thread but I have a new tv which is driving me mad with problems . Notice the sky hd and ir blaster problem I have too. The sound bar I have is Sony SA-CT 80 and it does not have the hdmi socket you mentioned . Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What I'll do is remove the other thread for this issue - saves confusions. :slight_smile:

Yes, unfortunately without connecting it via HDMI, you are stuck with the two remotes.  Alternatively you could look into a multipurpose remote such as the Harmony range of remote controls.

Cheers