Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C + Bose 130 sound system + Hamax TV box -> Bose starts in quite mode

profile.country.SE.title
PatrikT

KD-49X8305C + Bose 130 sound system + Hamax TV box -> Bose starts in quite mode

I have a Bose 130 sound system connceted ARC to my Sony TV KD-49X8305C  + a TV box from hamax and when I start up TVbox on its remote and then Bose + TV from Bose remote, the sound system allways starts in quiet mode so I manually have to adjust volume to get sound from Bose. I have turned down TV volume to zero since the I only want sound from Bose. Bose system is connected to TV via ACR port.

Any ideas on how to get Bose to start sounding without adjusting vaolume after every startup?

Both TV and Bose system are connected to internet via wifi and updated with latest software versions.

/Patrik

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@PatrikT wrote:

I have a Bose 130 sound system connected ARC to my Sony TV KD-49X8305C  + a TV box from Humax and when I start up TVbox on its remote and then Bose + TV from Bose remote, the sound system always starts in quiet mode so I manually have to adjust volume to get sound from Bose. I have turned down TV volume to zero since I only want sound from Bose. Bose system is connected to TV via ARC port.

Any ideas on how to get Bose to start sounding without adjusting volume after every startup?

Both TV and Bose system are connected to internet via wifi and updated with latest software versions.

/Patrik

I’m a great believer in asking Google, in simplified near-English, and ‘Bose 130 starts up too quiet’ lead to this Bose thread from 2015.

I suggest you contact Bose, as I don’t think the Sony Android TV is causing or affecting this issue, and ask them if there ever was a fix, and if so, should it be in your current Bose software release?

But before that, you might like to try the Factory Reset and ADAPTiQ audio (re)calibration described on page 32 of the manual you got with the 130, as this is probably the first thing Bose will ask you to do anyway:-

Factory reset the system

To troubleshoot problems, reset the System menu and ADAPTiQ® to the factory settings.
1. Press on the remote control. (Press On on the remote control, do we think?)
2. Press until 16 FACTORY RESET appears on the display. (and keep pressing until this happens, do we think?)
3. Press 5.
The system resets.
4. Run the ADAPTiQ audio calibration (see page 20). (Now where’s that pesky manual?)

Might just fix it, you never know.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.SE.title
PatrikT

I did send the question also to Bose support and they say that te Bose system tries to match the volume set on TV - which is zero/quiet. Is there eny way to not have my Sony TV triggereing zero/quiet volume sent via ACR to the BOSE system? Any setting like "Do not match volume over ACR"?

/Patrik

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@PatrikT

ITYM ARC.

A TV set connected to a soundbar over ARC should mute the TV speakers automatically, so the volume set on the TV should be able to be whatever you want it to be.

Have a look in Settings/Sound, and make sure that when the soundbar is on and working, the Speakers option says Audio System, thus cutting out the TV speakers.

The Sony TV should then use its own speakers when the soundbar isn’t on, and the soundbar speakers when it is.

Any such setting as ‘Do not match volume over ARC’ would have to be a soundbar setting, not a TV setting.

However, I have very little confidence in what Bose told you. Unless the soundbar has a built-in SPL (Sound Pressure Level) meter, very unlikely, it can have no idea what volume the TV is producing, let alone how to match it.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking