Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Constant Network Issues

profile.country.GB.title
dan_88
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Constant Network Issues

Hi Everyone,

I have the KD-49X8305C, purchased in August. I have CONSTANT network connectivity problems. 

As the TV sits above the router, its wired via ethernet.

So every evening, we turn the TV on and have to go through a list of ways of getting the TV online, and its just pure luck on the day as to which one will work!

When I go down the home screen, it shows the ethernet symbol with a little exclamation sign. Sometimes its just as simple as clicking into that menu, then to wired, and it magically gets an IP and it works. 

Other times, I have to sit there, restart the TV, or restart the router (I have a BT Smart Hub 6, btw, does this router have compatibility problems with this TV??) 

Sometimes, I notice that the IP that the TV has listed (when it doesnt work) starts 169.x.x.x where in reality, my network had 192.168.1.x type addresses. Normally devices get 169 address when they're self assigned arent they??

I've also added the same BT Hubs Wifi just to see if that works, but I still struggle with that, which makes me think its more TV related than router?

I have tried lots of new patch cables (thanks work!) and tried all 4 ports on the BT Smart Hub. 

I consider myself a bit of a geek when it comes to tech, and I am seriously at a loss!

If anybody has ANY suggestions it'll be appreciated!

Thanks All, 

Dan :slight_smile:

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

I know this isn't much of a consolation but if you take out the cable and connect via wifi it should work properly.  Plenty others have the problem but as has been stated on other threads, don't hold your breath for a fix.  By the way I have done the normal fault finding process and narrowed it down to a faulty lan socket or faulty software in the tele, guess where my money is going. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Dan,

So my experience with a KD-43XD8305 is that the network settings can do some strange things.

First off my TV needs 30-60 sec to see its network settings, it will 1st flash up its not connected then 30-60 will flash up it that it is.

If anything it still strange the next thing I do is restart Android, on my set I hold the power button on the remote for 10 seconds plus, note you don't lose any settings do this.

Still not working:

Go through the network setup again, what happens? Should be all set to auto assign & DHCP or easy set up if your TV set has that?

Do you have a laptop that you can use to confirm the wired connection works? Admittedly if wired & wireless are not working it sounds like either the TV or router but nice to rule it out.

On the occasion it does work make a note of the IP address your TV picks up, is it always the same? Anything starting 169 generally means your TV hasn’t picked up an address, all be it because it can’t see the router or the router can’t see the TV.

Do you know how to login to your router via a PC? If so turn the TV on and login to the router, does it see the TV? You should be able to see a list of connected devices by IP address somewhere in the router. If nothing else you may be able to add your TV to the router and give it a static IP address, if so use the address it displays on the occasions it works, as noted above.

Wireless setup, does it see your router or anyones and when you try to connect does it ask for a password, assumption being you have one?

Regards,

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

Tried all the rebooting and resetting that a telly and me can take.  It will connect but randomly and frequently disconnects from the wired network.  The only thing I haven't yet tried is disabling IPv6, which I have active in my router and allocated externally from the router, I would guess that not many currently have that luxury, so is a probably a strange config.  Wireless is fine.

i have connected many types of devices through the same switch port and cable with no issues but I have tried different cables and switch ports too with the same effect.  The common element is always the telly, which could be the hardware but as many others are having similar problems, then my guess is the telly software.

it would be interesting to hear from others that have got the wired connection working constantly so we could understand their config and endeavour to replicate.

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Fun & Games!

My KD43XD8305 is on a wired connection but i don't use IPv6 just the normal IPv4, like i said it will do strange things but clealry a little more stable than yours, the newer android version might have something to do with that?

Intresting to see what happens if you disable IPv6?

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

Gave all the IPv6 things a go, got an improvement in general responsiveness and network speed when wired and IPv6 prioritised but it still kept dropping out too.  IPv6 turned off made no difference, I'm not sure there is a combination left that I haven't tried.  Definitely a software fault somewhere.

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Hmmm maybe just and issue then with the earlier model?s

Nothing as silly as the network cable being a particular poor fit into the port in the TV is it? Just trying to think of a reason why the wiresless works fine but not the wired, normally they are handled by the same software/hardware on the board.

Regards,

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

Don't think it's the cable fit, have tried a variety of different cables and all feel a snug fit.  If it was that kind of issue I think we would be seeing a more permanent kind of failure, defo looks like some kind of software issue.  Whilst I am a newbie on here, I have been engineering these kinds of things in highly professional environments for 30 years, so I am pretty sure in my thinking. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Sure had to be asked just in case.:smileyhappy:

Does sound like you covered everything, i guess the TV set just does something strange and looses its network settings when wired in standby mode, all very strange.

profile.country.GB.title
mikesmith63

Just tried testing it all out again with the new version of firmware and still has exactly the same fault.