Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C TV no longer loads any of the 'Featured Apps'

profile.country.GB.title
hangonrose
Explorer

KD-49X8305C TV no longer loads any of the 'Featured Apps'

Hi - as in the title - it used to load them - BBC iPlayer etc - with no trouble.  I can load other things like YouTube as that isn't under the 'Featured Apps' so I know my internet connection is fine, and tv works to spec in all other ways.  It's very frustrating reading 'An error has occurred. Please try again later.'  Well, I've been trying again later for two weeks and nothing changed.  I have not done a factory reset as this seems a bit radical and I'm not sure what else might be erased/disrupted by that.  I have a separate tv on the same network and that loads iPlayer etc just fine. 

Thanks for help, Rob B

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @hangonrose and welcome to the community,

I recommend stopping the apps in the apps menu and cleaning the cache of each app.  In addition, please check if each app is up to date (via Home > Info > Info Update).  Hopefully this will help.

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
hangonrose
Explorer

Thanks Cass - much appreciated - I shall try that.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

You may also try to clear the data (the whole data, not only the cache) of "SonyShelf". You find it on the bottom of the app list in options.

Then if you want to get a rid of that annoying "Featured Apps" section, moving most if not all apps you have downloaded to the normal Apps section, disable the notifications in SonyShelf. Check this post.

profile.country.GB.title
hangonrose
Explorer

Thank you so much for this suggestion. With best wishes 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
hangonrose
Explorer

Cass,

I presume you mean going to Home>Settings>Apps?  I cannot see listed the individual apps such as BBC iPlayer Demand 5 on the apps list under this, so cannot stop apps and clean them. 

Also, I do not have a Home>Info option - Settings is the only similar one, but there is no 'Info' in the sub-menu from there.

Hope you can re-check and fwd suggestions as am getting nowhere fast!!

Rob

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Apologies Rob!  The correct path is:

Home > Settings > About > App Update