Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8505B BBC I-Player problems

profile.country.GB.title
Tarmac13
Explorer

KD-49X8505B BBC I-Player problems

Not for the first time I-Player material won’t load because the size of the file exceeds the download limit.  I have checked the software - I think 

PKG3.004EUA is the latest.  I have checked the BBC web site and there’s nothing specific.  Last time this happened BBC and Sony between them took several weeks to sort the matter out.  Anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Have you checked that you have the latest software update for your TV?  You can see more details on how to perform this here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Tarmac13
Explorer

Yes, thanks, I have checked this, and I have the latest sw. On Monday the BBC acknowledged it has received reports of i-Player not working on some Sony TVs and says it is investigating (i-Player web site).

Sent from Julian's iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Missinformed

This problem has appeared again (July 2020).   It was an issue last year, but was resolved.  It is now happening again.  Really annoying that Sony and BBC cant resolve this effectively.  I have got the latest software download on my TV.  Any ideas if there is a way to overcome it? 

profile.country.GB.title
Missinformed

Ongoing issues with this, tried all the resets, software updates but none of these work.  Wont be buying another Sony when we replace this one.