Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD80777 unreliable. Just me?

profile.country.GB.title
E01577
Explorer

KD-49XD80777 unreliable. Just me?

Ive owned this TV for a year now and have had problems with it since day one. I have kept the software up to date, but have to reset the TV (usually soft reset but sometimes hard)  a few times a month. The problems can vary from inability to access HD channels (signal is strong), to not being able to change channels at all (yes the remote and batteries are okay), to iplayer, amazon prime  etc either the app not starting or starting and being unwatchable. This is not a bandwidth problem, I have 200mbps broadband and latency  is excellent.  TV is hard wired (I did try wireless in  Case it was a NIC problem, but it isn’t). I am a network engineer with 30 years experience and have done a lot of analysis and can state categorically that this is not a network problem). 

So did I just get unlucky, or is this a really poor TV. Generally? Problem is this is an intermittent fault, so if i return it, is is likely to comeback to me “no fault found “. Has anyone else had similar problems, and how helpful was Sony with fixing them?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Software on those sets is awful. You might want to read my review about Sony ATV. You might want to resort to some external media player/settop-box and avoid the Sony garbage in the future.

profile.country.GB.title
E01577
Explorer

Thanks, and great article by the way.  I have experienced every negative point you mentioned in your review. I think I will relegate the TV to playstation duties and buy myslef a decent set. It’s a real shame when a company that worked so hard to build its reputation throws it all away.