Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XE8005 Help with connecting to an ipad please

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

KD-49XE8005 Help with connecting to an ipad please

I am not very technical and previously had been watching some fitness videos through youtube.  I originally accessed them on the website they came from and if I started it I could choose watch later and then I found they had saved to youtube.  This was great as I could pick up youtube on the tv until last week  they disappeared and say hidden. 

It seems that I can't access them now like that and have to be logged online but having been used to seeing them on the tv my laptop or ipad screen is too small . 

At the moment I have found that I can connect my hp laptop to the tv with an hdmi lead and do it that way but since my mums ipad is far newer and I think has a more stable internet connection I thought if I could connect it to the tv that would be better. 

Can anyone advise if I just need an adaptor and would this connect laptop to hdmi cable. Would this be best way or is there any wireless way to connect the ipad to my tv as I can't get the mirror option on the tv to work in this way?  

any help is appreciated

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Apple devices neeed AirPlay for Mirror, Mirroring (Miracast) i'snt compatible.

You can obtain AirPlay with an Apple TV.

Also, you can try to transmit the Desktop from the Chrome Browser (I think only from PC's Chrome, not from iPad).

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Anyway, for YouTube there is YouTube App in Android TV.

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

yes I used to view the video i wanted through youtube but I was explaining that this is not possible now.

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

if anyone can advise if sending ipad screen to my tv is possible by any means it would be appreciated :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Is possibile by an Apple TV.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@sneish 

Have you got, or can you load, a browser application on the TV, and get to the website that way?

Then you haven’t got to deprive your poor old Mum of her iPad 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Or, if you have no alternative:-

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/mirror-your-iphone-ipad-or-mac-screen-to-a-tv-the-easy-...

2066703A-B330-4D0B-A174-B203D405F456.jpeg
Here you can see me mirroring the iPad to one of the choices I got from the above article. In this case, it is directly to an Airplay enabled TV, a 2020 LG Nano, though the other couple of choices were Roku devices, an Express and a Premiere, through which I can mirror to TVs connected to these devices, even though those TVs themselves can’t mirror directly.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Casting from the youtube app is possible from any device by pushing the casting icon on the app or even on the browser window, even if not android: it needs only the two devices to be on the same network. But what you are experiencing (or try to describe) seems to me more related to the content (i.e. is not public any more)

profile.country.GB.title
sneish

Yes, was happily viewing through YouTube but content is not public anymore😩