Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XE9005 & Q Acoustics M2 Sound Base

profile.country.EE.title
rodders9999
New

KD-49XE9005 & Q Acoustics M2 Sound Base

Hi all,

I've just bought a Q Acoustics M2 Sound Base to sit under my 49XE9005 TV but am having an issue with audio in the Netflix app. The audio in the app is defaulting to English 5.1 which the M2 does not support and no sound can be heard unless I change the audio option to English and then all is fine.

Unfortunately when the episode of whatever it is I'm watching finishes and the next one auto plays the sound reverts to English 5.1 and I have to again change the setting to be able to hear.

My set-up is HDMI from the TV (ARC port) directly to the sound base and I also have a SKY Q box connected by HDMI to the TV (experiencing no sound issues witht that). So I guess my question is - is there a way to turn off 5.1 as an audio option with this TV so Netflix doesn’t auto hunt for the best possible audio source?

Cheers.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

We're looking into this for you now, and we'll be back in touch with a response for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Owen

IANS2000
New

Did you make any progress with this?  I've just tried connecting an M2 soundbar to my 49XE9005 and can't get sound from any of the apps (Amazon, BBC iPlayer etc).  Can't see any way of changing the sound settings - I've seen elsewhere it *needs* to be 5.1.

profile.country.IE.title
Colossus1959
New

I have the same issue. I bought the q-m2 yesterday and connected it using an optical cable . Netflix had no sound and when I use Chromecast I get the machine gun noise I've read about on other threads .I haven't yet tried any of the fixes mentioned and am going to try today but a permanent fix would be very welcome. 

profile.country.GB.title
MRPaul
Explorer

Having some problems as well with the QM2 .Have wired in with optical connection to make life a bit easier or so i thought.When i change HDMI inputs on my  sony tv the QM2 drops out .I have to scroll through the source button on the QM2 remote and then the sound returns .so this is when i change from sony blueray player or our freesat .when i switch between normal channels and HD channels within the freesat box the sound level from the QM2 drops dramatically but is still on.Also the satbox remote controls the QM2 sound.When i am watch the freesat box and use it to watch Netflix the sound is unchanged on the QM2.While i watch the freesat box the TV options-speakers-tv speakers/audio system is set to tv speakers which seems counter intuitive.Don't know how using HDMI ARC will change these settings but will be giving it a go when i am use to using it this way.Hope this is of some help to anyone struggling like i am/was but i have to say this was a long winded pain in the neck and im not too bad at audio/visual tech.   

profile.country.GB.title
DBworcs

Hi Owen

Any luck with this? I too am having the same problem and would appreciate a solution.

Cheers

Dom

profile.country.GB.title
DBworcs

Hi Rodders

Did you get a solution to this? I've got the same set up - just bought the TV today - and am having the same issues.

If you didn't get a solution from Sony, do you have a good workaround without replacing the excellent soundbase?

Cheers

Dom