Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49xf8796 - Customise TV Button and Content Bar issue

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
BizBen
Explorer

KD-49xf8796 - Customise TV Button and Content Bar issue

Hi, I have a kd-49xf8796 and I have updated to the latest version of Android. When I updated, I was prompted to customise the TV button to a paricular input. My problem is that I generally use the TV button to access my favourite apps, channels etc, however if I press it, I automatically jump to the input I had to customise the TV button to and only when I press it again do I access the content bar. Is there anyway around this? This is particular problem as my television is connected to both an antenna and a satelite.  Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IE.title
BizBen
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I managed to resolve the problem by conducting a Factory Data Reset. Thereafter when the option came up to customise the TV key I selected to undertake this action later - meaning my TV key is currently not customised to any particular input. 

Hopefully this does the trick and perhaps a future firmware update may provide additional options for the TV key.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi BizBen,

We will check this and get back to you when we have more information.

Some of our members may also have some advice to share.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi BizBen,

I feel you. However, the normal function of the TV button is to bring up the input you get your TV channels from (be it digital, satellite, or a HDMI) when pressed. I don't think there's a way to change that function to access the content bar directly without switching the input 1st.

All the best,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.IE.title
BizBen
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I managed to resolve the problem by conducting a Factory Data Reset. Thereafter when the option came up to customise the TV key I selected to undertake this action later - meaning my TV key is currently not customised to any particular input. 

Hopefully this does the trick and perhaps a future firmware update may provide additional options for the TV key.

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi BizBen,

That's a smart workaround. Thank you for sharing that with the rest of the class. I guess now you can enjoy your favorite apps :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Tenneen9000