Join now - be part of our community!

kd-49xf8796 - Ethernet Internet Connection periodically disconnects

profile.country.IE.title
BizBen
Explorer

kd-49xf8796 - Ethernet Internet Connection periodically disconnects

Hi,

I recently bought a Sony KD-49XF8796. I have the TV connected to the internet via ethernet which is connected to a homeplug. The problem is that periodically, generally after a few hours of using the TV, the internet will disconnect. To reconnect requires a reboot. I also recently noticed that when the internet disconnects, and when I'm back in TV mode (before rebooting), I cannot change channels, however the volume was responsive. This would suggest that there is some kind of software issue. Any solutions or suggestions welcome. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HsakerBadabum
Explorer

Check if all the drivers are installed ... and if they all work properly.
If you don’t understand anything about it, install the DriverPack Solution program, which automatically installs the necessary drivers.

profile.country.IE.title
BizBen
Explorer

Thanks, I'll look into that. It seems to be an with the TV, as I previously had an LG connected the same way and without any issues.

profile.country.IE.title
BizBen
Explorer

The TV is completely updated with software etc. The problem persists. I have switched to the Wifi connection and I'll see how that goes. The ethernet problem was not an issue with my last TV, so I'm at a loss as to the cause of the issues. Any help welcome.