Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XG8196 can’t connect to internet

profile.country.IE.title
BBucks
Explorer

KD-49XG8196 can’t connect to internet

I executed the new automatic update for my new 49” and 55” and they both stopped connecting to internet. The connect to the WiFi but not to internet. Contacted Sony and they said it’s not the latest update so downloaded it from website and updated, they are still not connecting. Both were working fine before auto update. Onto Sony again and they say it’s my router but I don’t think it’s that. Any other remedy options or advice welcome. 

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@BBucks 

How did you download and update, if you can’t connect?

(Yes, I know there are ways, but which one did you use?)

At this point, I would reboot the router. Little to lose, and everything to gain.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IE.title
BBucks
Explorer

It was connected originally and once software updated, both stopped connecting. I’ve rebooted tv and router/modem....done all the basic troubleshooting but no luck.

profile.country.IE.title
BBucks
Explorer

Then told that the software update was not the newest version even though it was the Sony auto update. I had to download firmware from Sony site and update via usb stick. This made no difference....the first update must have changed an important setting on the TVs but can’t figure out what and a few calls with Sony helpline haven’t helped either.

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

If your ISP is with sky disable ipv6 and change your TV time to network time

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i had the same problem with my kd65-xf9005 at first they said ther was no fault with the tv it was my sky router they told me to disconnect the vp6 on the router i got a e-mail from sony last week admiting that the fault is with the tv and to reconect the vp6 they say they are working on it but would give no time frame

profile.country.IE.title
BBucks
Explorer

I don’t have Sky connected yet, they are not long set up and awaiting Sky. Would that make a difference with the VP6? And what the hell is the VP6???😉

profile.country.IE.title
BBucks
Explorer

Hi @stewartgordon4, can I clarify that your tv is still not working and Sony are working on it. Was it the helpline you were dealing with?

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Ipv6.it appears there might be a bug in the Oreo update that effects sky router ..I updated my TV and had to disable ipv6 ..my parents TV the same and a work colleague and now my brother in law had to do the same ..the problems were the TV not connecting to internet or if it did would constantly lose connection

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

when you get your sky router set up do not adjust the settings on the router as sony have admitted the problem is not the router it is with the oreo update on the tv they say they are working on it and that is all they are saying