Join now - be part of our community!

KD 55AG9 Freesat need to use Freeview and remove youview how do I proceed

profile.country.GB.title
market27
Explorer

KD 55AG9 Freesat need to use Freeview and remove youview how do I proceed

Have been able to download channels for freesat but unable to get response from any channel unless using Iplayer or apps via internet.

I prosume as I previously used youview when using aerial connection that I now require to use freeview.

How do I remove Youview and install freeview.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@market27 

That’s a 2019 set, so I hope this is the procedure:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-on-sony/set-up/enable-disable-youview/

On later sets, YouView is Live & Catchup TV, so it’s just like an app, and you can exit it.

I don’t understand your issue exactly, but here are some thoughts that might help you solve it, or at least to describe it better:-

Satellite Tuning isn’t Freesat. Satellite just gives you Now & Next, on whatever channels satellite tuning finds, some encrypted, some in clear, some in English, some in other languages.

Freesat is a carefully curated set of non-encrypted English language channels with a one-week forward EPG, and looks very like a slightly souped-up Freeview, though all the channel numbers are different.

I don’t think 2019 Sony TVs support Freesat, but maybe I am wrong, and it’s been added since then.

My recollection is that YouView and Satellite couldn’t coexist, and you had to exit YouView to get satellite. The same would be true of Freesat, if you could get it at all.

I take it you have a satellite dish, connected to the satellite input of your TV, and also a terrestrial aerial, connected to the Aerial/Antenna In Input of the TV?

If you have a satellite dish that has been put there by Sky, or is set up for Sky, then you won’t get regular satellite tuning or Freesat unless you have a Hybrid LNB rather than the usual LNB that Sky use. You may need the help of a local aerial installer if after exiting YouView and doing the satellite tuning, or Freesat tuning if that is offered, you still can’t watch anything from a dish, only Freeview over a terrestrial aerial.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…