Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8505c - Compatible 3D Glasses

profile.country.SE.title
Liqourice
Explorer

KD-55X8505c - Compatible 3D Glasses

Hi.

I just purchased a KD-55X8505c used since my old 3DTV have started to fail. I did check around to find compatible glasses before I bought it and found these on amazon.

https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B08PB85PX7

I even wrote the seller to ask if they did work with this TV and the response I got back was that they would. Sad to say, when I got those glasses I just couldn't get them to sync at all. They did connect to the TV but nothing more. So, I had to send them back.

Since the TDG-BT500A aren't avaliable anywhere anymore I need to find some glasses that are compatible with my TV. I just want to check if anyone know for sure of any glasses that are avaliable to buy right now really work with this TV. I've found 'Hi-SHOCK BT/RF Pro Oxide Diamond' as well as 'XPand X105-RF-X1' and both of those are promised to work by their respective sellers. Does anyone know for sure if any of these glasses work?

I don't care if they're expensive, at least to a point, I just want working glasses.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.SE.title
Liqourice
Explorer

Oh, forgot. If I could find Sonys own glasses, TDG-BT500A I would prefer to buy those even if they're expensive. I prefer things to work as intended.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Liqourice 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/219455778?iid=153468353190

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.SE.title
Liqourice
Explorer

Oh, how did I not find those?

Thanks a lot. I'll get a nice Postnord fine by buying from outside of EU but I guess it's worth it.

profile.country.GB.title
BBonus
Explorer

Hello - I have just had the same issue with KD-55S8505C. The Hi-Shock glasses were paired/recognised but were not actually shuttering correctly. I found the solution was to access settings, turn bluetooth off, then on. Then I turned on the glasses again and they worked. Bit awkward but at least they are working now.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey all

@BBonus glad to hear it worked for you

But as far as I know, that Sony TVs do not support 3D any more, that's why the functionality with the glasses is not stable.