Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C - Motherboard

profile.country.GB.title
TonytheT
Explorer

I bought this TV for £999 from Curry's three years ago.  The picture was brilliant and the TV great.  Last month it went into an endless reboot cycle and we sent it to the authorised repairers.  I was informed the motherboard has gone and will cost £471 to replace!  Looking at the spares website, there does not seem to be a motherboard available, despite the model only being 3 years old.

I checked with |Sony and see that there was only a 2 year warranty.  Checking online, Nowadays all premium tvs have 5 years. 

This is my 4th Sony TV but i am disgusted with the service and will now have to find a quality brand.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @TonytheT,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community!

I recommend you have a look at my post on this (https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kdl-55w805c-stuck-in-reboot-cycle/m-p/2632898#M37500) similar topic.

Cheers,
Dutchice
profile.country.GB.title
TonytheT
Explorer

Hi Dutiche

Many thanks for the reply.  It seems this is a common problem with the Sony's from this era. 

I followed the link to the spare parts but it seems that there are no spare boards available anymore.  I am disappointed with Sony's lack of support for this problem and now need a new TV.  It's a pity because my wife loves the Sony display and we have had four Sony TVs so far as nothing else will suit her!

profile.country.GB.title
ERIKA99
New

Is this a coincidence?  I bought my TV three years ago from curry's and I have the same fault that you describe two days ago... maybe is a manufacture problem? I wonder if any more of this model with the same fault. ,  they said it was unlucky for this fault to happened.

Not happy..