Join now - be part of our community!

KD - 55X8509CB U Home Button on Remote Control does not work

profile.country.GB.title
maquach
Explorer

KD - 55X8509CB U Home Button on Remote Control does not work

Hello everyone,

I have a Sony TV model KD-55X8509CB U. I've just found out that the Home Button does not work (no sign of connecting to the TV as no flash) but other buttons work well. The only thing that happended today was my kids used PS4 and they installed the new Fifa18 disc to play (they used FIFA17 before). I don't know what they did but now the Home button does not work anymore. I have tried the HOme button at the back of the TV but it does not work. I also tried to clear Cache and Factory Setting but it does not work. But I use my phone to control the TV it works. Please anyone can help?

Thank you.

HQ

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.BE.title
laez-zet
New

Hi maquach,

I would not think a game would impact the one key on your remote. But, to be sure you could reset the TV, I mean turning it off, leaving off electricity for a few minutes, then boot it up again. That does do miracles sometimes.

If not, then it's as simple as the button being defect, seen the others work fine?

Regards,

Ollie

profile.country.GB.title
maquach
Explorer

Hi Ollie,

Thank you for the reply. I did try to turn off and cut off the electricity several times but it does not work. The main confusion is that even if I press the Home button at the back of the TV - it does not work. However, when I use my phone to control it, it works. I think it must be something else with the Home menu function rather than with the remote (other buttons work well).

Cheers,

HQ

profile.country.BE.title
laez-zet
New

Hi again,

It got me curious, so checked a bit deeper, have you seen this http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/138844?

Sounds like that's what you're after.

Cheers,

Ollie

profile.country.GB.title
maquach
Explorer

Hi Ollie,

Yes, I did both ways following that link but the problem is not solved. I also turned off Sync... And one more thing is when I do the configuration from factory reseting, the touch pad is now not working as well.

Cheers,

HQ

profile.country.BE.title
laez-zet
New

hm,

you might want to cross-check, but I still think there's some kind of bug rather than a defect.

Maybe a factory reset will help,note you'll lose your settings though; http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/~/how-do-i-perform-a-facto....

Cheers,

Ollie