Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD7005 Youview cancelled out General Satellite

Dannybarratt
Explorer

KD-55XD7005 Youview cancelled out General Satellite

Hi, still getting used to this feature rich Tv but can't figure out why if I enable Youview it removes all the channels on General Satellite. You can have normal freeview/terrestrial tv and satellite and both function fine but as soon as Youview is on General Satellite is empty and if you tune that it kills youview. Very odd so if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Danny 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

Just the way this TV works I'm afraid, it's either one or the other. I was pretty annoyed but you get over it quickly lol

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Dannybarratt wrote:

Hi, still getting used to this feature rich Tv but can't figure out why if I enable Youview it removes all the channels on General Satellite. You can have normal freeview/terrestrial tv and satellite and both function fine but as soon as Youview is on General Satellite is empty and if you tune that it kills youview. Very odd so if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Danny 

Direct questions on this topic, by Quinnicus to Sony, and by myself to YouView, have elicited only silence or evasion 😞

My working hypothesis is that it is a footprint issue (cue 'This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us' by Sparks) but who donned the size 13s when they were only supposed to need size 9s, nobody is saying.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Whole Sony Android TV is nothing but a rag rug with software taken from everywhere, not playing very well along with one another.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Sony yesterday restored the topic on high input lag. At least it was down for Black Friday sales :wink: .