Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE9005 Sony Bravia power issue

Misse1983
Explorer

KD-55XE9005 Sony Bravia power issue

Hi,

We have a complete power failure on our Bravia KD-55XE9005.

I am aware that there are some other Bravia models affected and that Sony have agreed to repair for free up until 2021. However, people have said that this has happened again and I dont think this is good enough, especially a TV of this age and value. Does anyone know if they extend the warranty further? Does the TV come back in perfect condition etc? We have another Bravia KDL40X2000 which has never had any issues over the last 16 years so I am so dissapointed that this has happened.

We purchased this model in October 2017 so it is less than two years old and to be honest I saved up for ages to buy it! I have been trying the helpline to discuss next steps but the line is closed at weekends. On weekdays, its closed by 6pm which is very helpful...

If you have experienced the same issue on this model or any others, could you let me know please?

Thanks,

Emma

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Bazza34
Explorer

Have 4 month old 49 XF as of tonight no power, no reset no chance of getting any help until Monday. If this is common issue have limited patience before really making sure no one else goes though this, if you have resolved can you let me know easiest resoultion.

profile.country.GB.title
Bazza34
Explorer

Now 2 hours ;later it has returned to life... is there a reason?