Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE9005 - sporadically can not turn on the tv

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

KD-55XE9005 - sporadically can not turn on the tv

Hello Sony and users.

Please I have a problem with the new TV I have. It's KD-55XE9005 and sporadically I can not turn on the tv. No power, no button working on the remote, no lights on the tv. I have replaced batteries in the remote, no help. Only solution is to disconnect the ac adapter and connect it back and start the tv with remote normaly. I have this problem 2-3times durring the week. I have the last tv update and I have tried this in other wall socket as well, same problem of course. Please I need to know if the ac adapter is defect or the motherboard in the tv? Because it was working normally for the first three weeks. Thank you for any info.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

Same problem here. It started to happen after the latest update... seems like a bug to me

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

Probably yes, however we can not do downgrade:/ That's really sad, hopefully they will release a fix soon.

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

That's really terrible btw... unbelievable tey are messing up like this with updates

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

I can confirm this issue. My 65XE9005 has the very same issue, started after latest FW-Update to v6.5629.

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

Got info from official Sony technician to do factory reset. Can someone confirm that this will really work? I do not want to really do this because of the backup and setup which would be necessary to do afterwards(kodi, apps, settings, channels and so on). Downgrade is not possible, told be that in worst case the motherboard would be replaced which is insane.

To do factory reset, export first channels to a usb stick, do backup of things you need, go to settings, storage and do factory reset. When you end up on the screen where you choosing language disconnect the ac adapter from the tv for 5 minutes. Then reconnect and tv should start again into the screen where you choosing language(like from the box). After that just do the common stuff and the problem should be gone.

I need here someone who has this problem and do not need to do any backup to try the above steps and see if the problem is gone or not :slight_smile: I know, it's too much to ask :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

I have done it... Doesn't work at all

profile.country.SK.title
alcestneige

Thank you for trying! So after factory reset the problem is still there,no change at all. And you have also disconnect the ac adapter from the tv for 5mins during the process. Correct? 

Will talk to the technician soon as there is not much to do. And hardware replacement is bulls*** as this is caused by the update we got.

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

I have seen you tube vids from Sony on factory reset. Unplug tv for one minute, then plug back in and it should turn on. Then press up arrow on controller and Hold, whilst holding press power button on tv and a reset option should appear. Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

I have also heard resetting can cause a boot loop:pray: