Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE9005 Standby fully powers down tv

Leeches
Explorer

KD-55XE9005 Standby fully powers down tv

As title suggests when putting tv into standby it fully powers down and requires a full boot up from cold when i come to it next.

This seems to have been happening only over the past week. Have had the Oreo update installed for a month or two.

The only thing that has changed is adding Chromecast Ultra and making sure CEC is on so chromecast can turn the TV on (which ironically doesn't work now as its not in standby). Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
adam.urbanski
Explorer

It's not only that. In my case with 49XE9005 it's not powering on. Buttons on the remote or on the TV are not working at all I have to unplug it from the power supply and plug it back in. I've bought mine at John Lewis but they do not accept their own warranty. They tried to repair it but they failed (main board was replaced)..... I'm trying to replace it to the next model  (or the same model but working) as this shouldn't be happening with the TV for that price but. I will try to contact SONY if they will be happy to help me.

profile.country.SE.title
stenrose
New

I have the same issue. Started after adding a Chromecast Ultra. 

Tried to disable the eco mode, but issue persists. 

Sony, what to do?

Tags (2)
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It should not create problems but why on earth would you like to add a chromecast on a tv that has it already embedded ?!?

profile.country.SE.title
stenrose
New

Two reasons. 1) because Google Stadia only works on Chromecast Ultra, for the time being. And 2) Sony don't provide either software updates or security updates in a timely manner, why I prefer if the TV don't have network access. I'm really disappointed by the Android TV experience from Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Does Chromecast Ultra use USB dongle?