Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF9005 Wifi since Firmware update to v6.6555

profile.country.GB.title
djphilla1972
Explorer

KD-55XF9005 Wifi since Firmware update to v6.6555

I’m about to throw my tv out the window. Since doing the latest firmware, TV won’t get internet via wifi. Connects to the router fine, but says no internet. I have done EVERYTHING! Restart, unplug, date settings, factory reset etc etc etc etc. It worked perfectly before the firmware,  other devices have any issues and are all connected fine. No setting have changed on the router. I can’t be the only one. I love this Tv, the picture is superb but the Smart interface and reliability are

frankly, unusable now. Please help, I can’t be alone and can’t get support direct from Sony as out of warranty and their resources are stretched because of the virus.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It might be best to contact Sony support here.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
djphilla1972
Explorer

I have been in contact with the Support team for the past week. Aside from the standard fare of procedural steps available publicly, they are not offering up any solutions. Turns out I did not have the very very latest firmware, but even since I have done the update via UBS the issues are continually manifesting. After 3 minutes it disconnects, it wont store the wifi password, it will randomly go into SAVEd status on the network ID. I have even had the WIFI showing NOTin Range for ALL the wifi networks in the immediate area. Clearly as the TV can connect to the Wifi for a whole 3 minutes, the fault is with the TV software not with our network.

So, I have just supplied them the IP address and speedtest.net results (59mb) so will be interesting to see what they do next.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which kind of router do you have? Have you already got the suggestion to disable ipv6 on the router itself?

profile.country.GB.title
djphilla1972
Explorer

Hi

Have a BT Smart Hub2 and you can’t disable IPv6. Frustratingly it connects but like clockwork 3 mins and it drops. Software is all over the place, not saving network and password details, randomly switching off the WiFi I could go on. I’d say it is not fit for purpose.

Waiting to hear back from Sony regarding what they plan to do next as they seem out of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse brevity.
Kopite67
New

I have the KD-55XE9005B U and I am not sure if its a coincidence but I have seen this and a number of other issues with similar models following a firmware issue. Mine started with a fuzzy screen and after switching off at the wall it literally died!

3 weeks have since passed by and after an engineer visit today they have taken the TV away to replace the main board. Be at least another week before I get a replacement back!