Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XG8196

profile.country.IE.title
Beckybecks
Explorer

KD-55XG8196

KD-55XG8196 software version PKG6.6545.0255EUA

Any help really appreciated here. My Bravia won’t connect to the internet. I need to try a software update. I’ve downloaded updates onto a usb.  When I plug the usb into the tv it gives me options to open with album, music, video or register for recording. How do I download the updates from a usb? 

tv will connect to a hotspot but when I do a search for updates it says it’s up to date but I know it’s not. 
thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The new and latest Firmware is here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xg80xx_x80xxg_xg81xx-series/kd-55xg8196/d...

If the TV wait a Video or Music File when you connect the USB is because you hasn't create correctly the USB Memory for Update.

Read Better the instruction at link...

profile.country.IE.title
Beckybecks
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. After 4 attempts the Tv is updated now but it’s dropping the WiFi connection every few seconds so I have another problem to fix 😏

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

After an update Sony suggest a Factory Reset... So...

profile.country.IE.title
Beckybecks
Explorer

Yeah that made no difference unfortunately. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok, and a simply Router's reboot?

Are the Bands 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz togeher?

If yes, can you divide?

profile.country.IE.title
Beckybecks
Explorer

We did the router reboot. I presumed the bands were separate because I have the option to join either one. Is that right? It won’t work with either of them. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try to switch OFF and ON again the Wi-Fi on TV...

profile.country.IE.title
Beckybecks
Explorer

Thanks for your help yesterday.

after rebooting everything again today It will now connect via Lan cable but WiFi  is still not working. I am done with it for the weekend 😏