Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65A1 : 3840x2160P Banner appears randomly during PS5 use or Netflix via Apple TV box

Sony_303
New

KD-65A1 : 3840x2160P Banner appears randomly during PS5 use or Netflix via Apple TV box

Hi all,

3840x2160p.jpg

I have had this frustrating problem since I've had my A1 TV. Please see image above.

It has frustrated me to no end but  I would like to resolve this if it something straight forward.

I have the TV connected to a receiver which is a Yamaha RX-A3060, the connection from tv to receiver is via HDMI 3 (Arc) channel. Connected to the receiver I have is a PlayStation 5 and Apple TV Box. During PS5 use this banner appears randomly, basically what happens is  the screen goes black momentarily and then banner appears and goes away. It annoying whilst playing the came, I have to wait a few second for it to return.

When I switch between programs on the the Apple Tv eg on Netflix. the banners appears.

If I use the Android programs on the TV I don't seem to get the banner.

I am using high quality HDMI cables : AudioQuest Cinnamon HDMI Cable.

I have also experimented using cheaper cables and more expensive 8K cables.

Please can you advise how else can I trouble shoot this?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is due to a change in the flow from hdmi the TV detects. You can stop the TV to display the banner altogether by switching off the information banner that if I remember correctly s under the digital TV settings

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Sony_303, some of the Android TVs have the option to turn off the info banner under watching TV, some doesn't. Let us know if you found it.