Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD7505 Bluetooth not working

profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

KD-65XD7505 Bluetooth not working

I tried to connect my bluetooth headphone with KD-65XD7505, but TV is unable to discover any device. It's keep on searching.

Can someone please help me how I can make it work?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

AFAIK, you can't. That TV, just like all the others from C and D series doesn't have A2DP profile so no audio over BT. Just joystick, keyborad and mouse are supported.

profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

What ?   That's shame!

i spent 1100£ for this tv and I can't connect headphones 

if it's not possible to fix this by any update, then I would like to 

return this tv. 

Are we sure there is no way to connect Bluetooth without using any external device.?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Well, even if the update can fix that by adding just a profile, it's a sony we are talking about here.

Anyway, it was never advertise that it works with headphones so it's on you.

profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

That means I can't connect soundbar, gaming remote, headphones. I wonder what Sony achieved by not supporiting full funtionality. 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

I don't know. Most likely even THE guy in Japan has no idea why. But it's a sony way of doing things. That's why it is now in such a bad position on the market. Form go to everything electronic brand in the 80s and 90s to the mess they are today. Only cameras and PS is worth something.

Anyway, I din't have a chance to test it yet, but new XE line should support A2DP profile.

profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

I followed following steps and now i'm able to instal a2dp profile and can connect my headphones. 

- Desactivate in parameters security "Verify applications"

- Activate in parameters security "allow unknow sources"

- Download this link on your Android Sony TV:

[link removed]

- Find a way to copy it to your tv with FK file explorer and install it

- In settings applications, click on smart bluetooth and autorisations, activate all

-  In settings applications, click on smart bluetooth and open it

- Scan for device with your headset in pairing mode

- Application is made for a touch screen, but with right and left you can select your device without seeing cursor.

- Once paired, it will be listed in parameters bluetooth and you can you it after without this additional software.