Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD7505 connection issue

greekkop
Explorer

KD-65XD7505 connection issue

Hello all,

I bought a KD-65XD7505 about a month ago and i noticed the following:

Many times, when you try to access an app the internet speed is very bad.The app migh load and video will stream in the lowest quality but if you exit the app and just scroll down to the setting and wifi icon of the menu, without turning off the wifi but just "selecting it" from the menu and display the name etc then it picks up and the app runs with highest video quality.

I noticed that the issued mentioned here are of greater failures like disconnection etc which i dont face but still, having the exit the app in and go to settings in order to connect or get the best quality is annoying and shouldn t happen.

I am connected with Wifi which is very close to TV and by my very basic knowledge of how the rooter works i ll have to disregard internet/rooter connection issues as the moment is shown on the tv menu it "gets" it picks up with connectivity and speed.

Anyone facing the same?Can it be hardware malfunction so i should ask for replacement or it s a software/settings bug?

thank you in advance

evan

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If your router is rather close to the TV, I would recommend simply disabling wifi on the TV and connecting an ethernet cable instead.  Even if you cannot have this as a perminent setup, I would recommend doing this anyhow, to test and either confirm or rule out that its a wifi issue. 

If it is a wifi issue, try changing the wifi channel in the router settings - this can help quite a lot.  A week ago, I noticed my network speads decreased by about 30% when transferring files.  Upon investigation, I found 2 new routers that were using the exact same wifi channel.  Changing the channel - problem solved.

Also, some good reading can be found in this article:

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/wifi-optimisation

Cheers

greekkop
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for your reply!

To be honest it is relatively close-i should have stated it that its around 2 meters away. I will try to connect the tv with cable just to confirm it s purely wifi (which looks obvious but i aggree, you never know).

Not really good with IT stuff but i will try changing the router channel. I saw in different posts where there was no connectivity mentioning the 2.4 and 5 ghz router options. Can this be an issue or since i m connected at all times (but with low quality until i click on the network sign) this has no effect?

In general i would put in simple terms that it looks as if the TV has the intenet connected but in "idlle mode" with low quality and once i click on network it activates the high speed data.

Hope SONY can help here since internet connection is an integral part of a smart tv.