Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XE9005 and HT-XF9000

ScratCZ
New

KD-65XE9005 and HT-XF9000

Hi,

the ARC connection not working, Bravia Sync not working. I had to use an optical cable connection, which is not entirely optimal because Atmos, DTS HD-MA etc. can't be transmitted through the optics. HDMI cables are ok (Audioquest 18Gbps and Monster 18Gbps). I tried reset, unplug from AC, all possible HDMI settings, nothing works.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi ScratCZ,

When you say ARC connection not working, do you mean that you cannot control the sound bar (SB) from the TV or there is no sound from the SB? Or there is sound, but it is only Linear PCM?

Also remember that even when using the ARC connection as compared to Optical, you will not receive any sound formats from the TV other than the standard LPCM 2CH and the (compressed or otherwise also called lossy) formats:

• Dolby Digital
  • Dolby Digital Plus
  • DTS

So no compressed object-based formats like Dolby Atmos DD+, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X. But also none of the uncompressed formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HRA, DTS-HD LBR. I suggest you take a closer look at page 60 of your SB manual for a format comparison between an ARC and Optical connection. This is because as of today (might change later in 2018), Sony Android TV's do not pass-through any sound formats other than the formats in the bullet list above.

Now having that out of the way, if you clarify for us what is exactly not working for you, we can help you further here to solve the issue.

Cheers,

Dutchice