Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XH8196 burnin-like effect

profile.country.RO.title
Zed_Sony
Explorer

KD-65XH8196 burnin-like effect

Hello,

I've recently purchased a new Bravia KD-65XH8196 TV. I'm very happy with it but after a week I've started to notice a strange behaviour:

Watching cable TV, when I switch from a channel to another, light portions from the previous channel are still visible  in the background. For example, if I watch football, the score rectangle edges in the upper-left corner appear as flickering lines on all channels. Also visible in menus, if I press Home, for example.

The ghost image persists for minutes and can be annoying as is very visible if the current picture is light in that area.

Can't be burnin because it is LCD, also not panel fault, it clears if  I soft reset the TV. I'm on latest sw version PKG6.5042.0633EUA, also all the settings were left untouched to default, except the Image Mode setting that I changed from Standard to Game, original being to bright for my taste.

Thanks in advance for any idea

2 REPLIES 2
Piscie
Community Team

Hello Zed_Sony,

Have you tried a factory data reset as well?

profile.country.RO.title
Zed_Sony
Explorer

Hello,

Yes, I did factory reset. For the moment is ok. Maybe processor bug, the problem seem to manifest only when watching SD channels.