Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XD8077SU - Pink Screen (Sky HD)

profile.country.GB.title
RPJ072
Explorer

KD43XD8077SU - Pink Screen (Sky HD)

Hi,

I've just bought this Sony model. Everything seemed fine at the start but over the last few days whenever I switch the TV on and swap it over to my Sky HD box I get a piink and blue picture. If I remove the HDMI cable and push it back in the picture is normal. I've tried using different HDMI slots and cables but I still get this problem. I have Blu-ray player, Android box and DVD recorder connected too via HDMI and they all work fine.

Any ideas as to what is causing this issue or is the TV faulty and needs to be returned?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

remains "only" the Decoder Sky... Maybe is an hardware problem of the Decoder...

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
RPJ072
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks but the Sky HD box is quite new, around 12 months old. Any ideas how I could check it is ther box and is there a fix if it is the Sky box? Although the Sky box seems to work fine and we haven't noticed any other issues with it.

Cheers,

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You can verify if is the Sky Box plugged it into a different TV with HDMI, probably this helps to understand...

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
RPJ072
Explorer

I've tried the Sky box in another slot and the picture was also pink.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Not in the same TV but in another... If picture is Pink the problem is the Sky Box...

Manolo