Join now - be part of our community!

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Kd49x8005 Marshmallow black/shaded bar

Hi,

Since upgrading to marshmallow after it was re-release, I'm getting the black bar appear from time to time. It only occurs on playback from tv content (Netflix, YouTube, Kodi, etc), but not in menu functions, or hdmi sources.  If I switch to an external source and back again it goes away. A reboot also gets rid of it.  Doesn't happen all the time. I've had a week or so without it, but it's don't it three times this weekend.  Any thoughts?IMG_2949.JPG

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have not seen this exact issue before.  However I am wondering if this is related to this issue:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd-55xd8599-problem-since-marshmallow-update/td-p/2309812

Very similar - but different problem as well.  Whats your thoughts?

Cheers

I got the exact same issue on my x8305C. Did you find a way to get rid of the black bar?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Does this bar coincide with the Volume bar?

Seems like this is the volume bar/box that does not fade out/refresh on this part of display.

Go to Home - Settings - Apps - System app find OSD Application and  com.sony.dtv.osdplanevisibilitymanager and then try clearing data and cache from them. You shall lose volume bar by doing so. Then reboot the TV wait for about one minute and check again.

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Thank you for the feedback, but I don't think so.  I don't see that issue, just the shaded box.

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

It didn't do it for ages, but over the last week or two it has started again.  I guess I shall have to talk to Sony support about it if the suggestion in the next post doesn't help. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Worth a try.  It doesn't appear to be the volume control as they only slightly overlap, but as they moved the postion of it in the upgrade then your suggestion is worth trying. I will report back. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
banqsie
Explorer

I have the same issue on my KD-43X8305C but so far I have only noticed it when using BBC iPlayer.  It doesnt appear in Youtube or TV Player app, or system menus & home screen

Android 6.0.1

profile.country.GB.title
rjm1967

Interesting.  Once it happens to me, it also happens in You tube, not sure about iplayer, but does appear to be specific to playback as menu system is fine.

I have this problem too. I have to reboot the TV every time I want to watch iPlayer. It doesn't seem to affect anything but iPlayer. Netflix and Prime are always fine.