Join now - be part of our community!

KD49X8005C Pairing issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
shetlandsheepdog8
Explorer

KD49X8005C Pairing issues

I am trying to pair my Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 with my bravia TV. Doing it with Bluetooth It says it is paired but nothing is coming up on the TV. Wi-fi is connected.

Regards

Shetlandsheepdog8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Sure! There are several ways to do that. But since both your tablet and TV run on Android, I'd recommend to use Chromecast for that. Take a careful look at this YouTube video to learn how to setup the connection from your tablet.

Let us know how you will get along!

Cheers,

Dutchice

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @shetlandsheepdog8,

Why don't you let us know what are you trying to get done by pairing the two through bluetooth, in this way we can assist you better with the issue.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
shetlandsheepdog8
Explorer

Thank you for getting back to me. We are trying to see personal photos and videos from the Samsung Tablet direct to the TV maybe Bluetooth is not the way to go.  If you need any more info please let me know

Regards

Shetlandsheepdog8

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Sure! There are several ways to do that. But since both your tablet and TV run on Android, I'd recommend to use Chromecast for that. Take a careful look at this YouTube video to learn how to setup the connection from your tablet.

Let us know how you will get along!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
shetlandsheepdog8
Explorer

Hi again

We have downloaded Chromecast, but it did not give the option of location, signing in and casting screen it had a page with our settings and a diagram of our TV with the model number so it looks as if they are paired. It has been playing a U tube video from the tablet through the TV but no picture on TV just stuck on U Tube home page. Hasn't played other videos just keeps casting. A bit hit and miss. Should we have the bluetooth setting turned on the tablet?

I don't know if this will affect it but I have recently changed my e-mail address, put it in my google account as an alternative but it won't let me change it to my account e-mail.

regards

Shetlandsheepdog8

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @shetlandsheepdog8 ,

Good to hear you managed to get the tablet connected. The location services step comes up only if it needs to be switched on. In your case it was probably on already. So can you cast your pictures now properly to your Sony TV?

Tips for a better connection are:

• Perform a fresh restart on your TV and your Android tablet. You can find instructions on how to properly power cycle your TV (soft reset) on this article.
  • You must have the latest version of Chromecast installed. In the Google Play Store app under [My apps] make sure you don't have a pending update for Google Chromecast built-in. At this moment version 1.36.140076 is the latest. You can verify your version through [Home] > [Settings] > [Apps] > Chromecast built-in] > [Version].
  • Connect your TV to internet using an ethernet cable. I do not recommend Wi-Fi connections if you actively make use of the TV apps.
  • Minimise the distance between your tablet and your internet router as much as possible. This is specially very important if you are living in an apartment where large number of neighbours cause interference on your wireless connection.

Hopefully you will manage to iron out the issues. Feel free to post your questions and comments for us on here. We're here to help.

Cheers,

Dutchice