Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XF8096BU YouView doesn't schedule, or record. Program Guide won't let you use catch-up TV App's!

profile.country.GB.title
Bambibabes
Explorer

KD49XF8096BU YouView doesn't schedule, or record. Program Guide won't let you use catch-up TV App's!

I have Just bought one of the newer models a KD49XF8096BU 4k, Smart, TV's and actually had my TV company come out and take it away to check my TV out completey because it wouldn't schedule programs whilst in YouView, or record any programs. It's was found to be working as it should apparently, but even the professionals from my TV superstore, think the software on the latest Sony TV's is awful! This is rediculous! Sony need to sort the software out asap, or get any licences that are needed, or stop falsley advertising about the things the TV's can do, because 'they cant'!

I bought a Sony, instead on my usual LG, or Samsung TV's, because I thought Sony were supposed to be such good tv's. I had bought it, as it advertises that it can record programs and I could even pause the TV and then carry on from that point in the program I was viewing. If YouView is on though, I can't record at all! I cannot even schedule a program, to watch. Sort this mess out Sony! Either let me use the standard TV guide, with all the catch up App's available, or let me record and schedule programs Whilst using YouView! Surely Sony saying the TV records programs and also has catch-up TV App's, is false advertising because  it just can't do both! It also does not recognise most of my USB sticks and HDD's or the files on them, yet my other TV's recognised them immediately and played any files contained on them! Picture is lovely on the Sony, but the operating system and YouView need a serious sorting by Sony!! I will never buy another Sony again, if this isn't rectified with an update somehow!!👎😡

Ronnie

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this on for you.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

I've got an 43FX8577 and am likewise pretty disappointed in the YouView implementation - especially compared to a YouView box from BT.

However, I've actually managed to get it so that I use the standard Sony/Freeview guide and still have iPlayer, ITVHub, All4 and Demand5 working.

I 'think' I did this by setting up YouView, making sure I had the players and then disabling YouView. I then customised the Apps menu bar that comes up when you press the TV button. Works nicely and is a quick and easy way to get to the apps... okay there is no backwards EPG but TBH that's not really an issue for me.

Using the 'standard' guide does mean I can record but what shocks me more is there is no PAUSE function!

I really can't see why that's the case - surely when you have an HDD connected for recording you could get both a live rewind buffer and pause function.

profile.country.GB.title
Bambibabes
Explorer

When I have tried that the majority of player apps just don't lose anymore. I think just iPlayer works!

🦋🧚‍♂️🌼 🌷
profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

Mine seem to although I've noticed that for Channel 5 you get My5 if you have YouView active and go via their menu and you only get the old Demand5 if you are going via the pre-installed apps. (I'll search for threads on that!)

UPDATE: Found the thread on here that shows you how to ensure they work! How to watch on demand TV without YouView

UPDATE #2: You're right ... and as per the thread only iPlayer and Demand5 work natively - itv hub and All4 force you back into YouView 😞

It's all a bit like spaghetti but the TV response is faster without YouView but then things don't work ...

another example; connect to Alexa and say 'Alexa, channel 101 on XYZ TV' ... this works when YouView is DISABLED but tells you it's not a supported command when YouView is ENABLED !!!