Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XG8196 Android TV Internet Connection Issues

lmac40
New

KD49XG8196 Android TV Internet Connection Issues

Please help!  I'm being driven mad by an XG8196 that refuses to stay connected to the internet.  

We have a BT smart hub 2 with 2 discs.  Connection can work for a couple of days and then you get the notification TV not connected through WiFi.  While watching something you can get frequent notifications about TV is/is not connected to WiFi.  Sometimes restarting the router helps, other times I can battle with it for about an hour and get nowhere.  I tried setting it up as wired connection to one of the discs but it didn't recognise the connection at all.  Any suggestions gratefully received!  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

You could try the troubleshooting tips here and see if they help. Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Hi, I had the same problem but with wired ethernet, after watching with no problems at all it would suddenly just lose connection and then wouldn’t reconnect without a restart.

I was advised on av forums to switch off the ipv6 setting in my sky router, which I did. This has cured the issue for me, so it may be worth you also giving it a try.