Join now - be part of our community!

KD55 XE9005 Several issues since upgrade to 6.6545 -No ethernet connectivity, bad reception quality

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

KD55 XE9005 Several issues since upgrade to 6.6545 -No ethernet connectivity, bad reception quality

Note: Additions added in an editing step are set in blue italics.

Last week, our TV prompted us to allow a firmware upgrade to 6.6545.0255EU. Bad move.

a) Since then, the reception quality via DVB-C has degraded to inacceptability on several, but not all programs. At the same time, it is hardly possible to select a different signal source, it looks like the CPU is occupied completely by attempting to correct the image. If there is a longer still image scene in the program, the image improves but breaks at the next content change

b) The hitherto flawless Ethernet connection (via LAN) is not possible any longer - A static IP address that I enter is not stored, instead, the TV attempts (and obviously memorizes) a different one all the time (programmed: 192.168.1.128 - the connectivity check - that fails then - says it looks at 192.168.1.49. Not surprising that one fails since it is used by a different network client. Several attempts to store a different static IP failed too. Same for DHCP.

I can choose here from several gateways - from 100 to 250 Mb/s. None works.
During the initial setup after the update I clicked off the privacy-touching entries - is this behaviour the fine now? :wink:

What do you folks recommend? I am in the lucky position that we can receive TV also via satellite - and that works flawless. But then, every minute or so, a banner appears telling us that there is not Ethernet connectivity.

Not what Sony was once famous for, Mr. Morita, Sony's founder, rotates in his tomb, I guess.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Cheers from the shores of the Baltic Ocean!

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You'll lose any setting and there is no possibility to backup it. So write down any adjustment you did before and reapply it afterwards 
profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

Just a note on the reason for the bad signal on some channels here: The culprit was a router recently mounted next to the antenna cable distribution panel in my basement. After removing it some way the signal looked much better already, depowering it showed the immediate effect. I'll find a better place for it. Yes, all double-shielded cable, but unexplainable are the paths of the Lord and of radio frequencies.

It's a slightly seasoned AVM VOIP-ISDN router.

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

I found another instance where I could enable all Google options without resetting the TV to its virginal state. The LAN connection continues to refuse to connect to the internet (DHCP and fixed IP), with the status of the message switching between "checking" and "Internet not found". The WLAN finally coupled to an AP and built a connection. Not sure how stable that will be.

Now, as I wanted to load the channel editor Windows app with the channel list, I navigated to the menu that contains the channel list export entry. Unfortunately, it is greyed out. I hat put in a clean fresh FAT32 4GB USB stick into one of the two lower sockets. The other was occupied by a wireless Logitech keyboard interface. Removing that brought no improvement. Any ideas?
I did not yet perform the factory  reset since I am not sure about the netflix account of my son that he has placed there.

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

After I enabled the Google rights to my life, I could finish the IP setup - but it did not connect to the internet. Is a power cycle necessary to let the changes become activated?

Thanks for all your good advice!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It should not be needed (but you could do it anyway)... At this point my guess is that most probably you have set some internet parameter wrong.... (a wrong ip, or a used one, or some mystypo in subnet mask/gateway/dns...)

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

Most probably. The reason for most fails appears between my ears later on. But let me pull this up here please:

Now, as I wanted to load the channel editor Windows app with the channel list, I navigated to the menu that contains the channel list export entry. Unfortunately, it is greyed out. I hat put in a clean fresh FAT32 4GB USB stick into one of the two lower sockets. The other was occupied by a wireless Logitech keyboard interface. Removing that brought no improvement. Any ideas?

And again: Thanks for your endless patience and good advice!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I have read in several posts that another USB device presence may interfere, but you said you disconnected it and the effect is the same.... you may try reformatting it in NTFS a try again

profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

NTFS brought no success.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try rebooting the tv by pressing and hold the power off button
profile.country.GB.title
Chattermark

Isn't that the same like power off (physically) and on again? When the Sony logo appears and the android logo runs through its exercises... - that ran twice, but no progress. I'll check next if the stick's size is sufficient. No real reason why that should be more than 3.75 GB, but you never know what some strange coders have in mind...

Cheers, thanks!