Join now - be part of our community!

KD55A1 will not power on

profile.country.IE.title
Colorl
Explorer

KD55A1 will not power on

Hi all,

I had posted this earlier under a different heading, I am now reposting on the 'Android Chat' with additional Info.

last Monday my KD55A1 would not power on. I followed all the 'Power Cycling' advice on the Sony Troubleshooting pages for this model. I unplugged let is rest for 10 minutes, powered it on - No Joy. I switched power outlets - No Joy. I changed power cable - No Joy. I changed plug fuse -no joy. Tried all of the aforementioned with all devices and LAN disconnected. 

My next course of action was to perform a factory reset using the power and volume down buttons on the side of the TV, after some uncertainty (lack of interactive feedback from the screen) I managed to get the TV back online following another power cycle at the mains. Bravia motif displayed on screen and welcome banner to setup the TV (so the factory reset worked) when config was complete I updated firmware to 6.7205. TV worked for about 36 hours but shutdown unexpectedly last night. Love nor Money could not power it on again. I eventually got it powered on this afternoon after multiple attempts at another 'hard factory reset'. I Ran through the setup config and TV I was back in business! Interestingly this time I noticed that the firmware did not revert to the factory version but stayed @ 6.7205. I did however lose all my app login data etc.. After 45 minutes  of viewing the screen went blank but I could still hear sound few minutes later TV powered itself down. 3 hours on still no sign of life 😞

Whilst initially I though the new firmware was the culprit I have since found another Post on this forum from last May 2021. The resolution in that instance was a service repair to replace a faulty motherboard. My TV is in warranty till next April I have been in contact with Sony Support, sent a copy of my receipt etc.... and have been advised an engineer will be in touch. The purpose of my long winded post is to see if can get any assurances from other community members that may believe a failed motherboard might be the cause and/or that any other members may have had a similar experience with this or a similar OLED model. heartbreaking to have spent €2,700.00 on a TV that may not last beyond 4 years. 

Yours

Looking for hope! 

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Colorl, happy for you dude!! Let us know what model are you getting :wink: