Join now - be part of our community!

KD55X8509C Keeps Resetting Itself

profile.country.GB.title
edcoomber
Explorer

KD55X8509C Keeps Resetting Itself

Hi, I've just taken delivery of a KD55X8509C and it's reset itself three times in the last hour.

It has the latest firmware installed, it'll work for about 10 mins then turn itself off and the led will flash red three times in succession.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I need to return it?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please do a factory reset - instructions HERE

Normally the flashing red LED indicates a hardware fault, however i remember a coule of forum members say that they had 3x blinks andva factory reset worked.  

If it does not, please contactbyour retailer and get the to replace it.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
edcoomber
Explorer

Yep, tried the factory reset. It didn't work. 

This was a Sony refurbished set, it shouldn't have been shipped with hardware issues. I'm not happy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I fully understand as i wouldnt be too happy either, but unfortunately in your case, your going to have to contact your retailer you purchased it from.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
edcoomber
Explorer

Sony was the retailer. Hopefully the return process won't be too much of a hassle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Let us know how you get on anyway?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
edcoomber
Explorer

Thanks.

I've done about 4 or 5 factory resets now, it's sat there turned on with no inputs and has lasted 40 mins without resetting itself.

I'll give it another hour then try playing something on Netflix.

profile.country.GB.title
edcoomber
Explorer

Sony are sending an engineer around to see if they can repair the tv. Do you think they will be able to fix it there and then or will it need to go back to a factory?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I personally think it will require the mainboard to be replaced.  However without looking at it, its hard to know.  If this is the case, they will probably take the TV away to be repaired.

However, they will normally exhaust other options first, such as trying to 'recover' the tv via thier software tools on a USB drive or the TVs service menu.

Cheers

adyjay33

If you only have just got it then reject it now... dont mess around with the repair route as you have the law on your side.

Call them and just say its faulty and you want a replacement or refund, it does not matter if its refurbished you still bought it under the SOGA 2015.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!