Join now - be part of our community!

KD55X8509C SMART TV NOT CONNECTING TO SKY WIRELESS

K7ERG180479
Explorer

KD55X8509C SMART TV NOT CONNECTING TO SKY WIRELESS

Hi New to Sony smart TV and after spending a day on trying to get the TV to connect to wireless I am looking at taking it back to the shop. I was recommended the TV in store and thought it would be good to go being Android based. So far I am wrong. 

The TV only picks up neighbouring Wi-Fi and when manually entering my Sky router details it still doesn't connect. I have tried WPS button also with no joy. 

The TV does connect with my HTC One but the signal is poor. 

Sky box and mobile are connected via the Sky router and works perfectly

Any help or suggestions welcome

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
K7ERG180479
Explorer

Have setup LAN thinking its maybe a software update needed to sort out Wi-Fi problem but still no joy. I do have a error code when preforming upgrade. (3128)

K7ERG180479
Explorer

LAN connection 

Cable connection OK

Local access OK

Internet access failed

Software version PKG2.287.0010 EUB

K7ERG180479
Explorer

2 calls to call centre( 30mins)  and all they came up with was a new software update to download to my email. Which I am still waiting on. Looks like the box will be coming out and taking it back. 

Very disappointed in product and support. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you are in the UK, your TVs firmware version should be:  PKG2.645.0052EUA

You can download this from:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kd-4Kmodels-firmware-update-v2645-...

Cheers

K7ERG180479
Explorer

Hi thanks for the reply.  I have downloaded this and tried it just said USB device connected. Nothing else. 

K7ERG180479
Explorer

Spoke to Sony support and still no further forward. Hopeless to be honest. Factory reset and eventually got the latest update using USB. 

Still not picking up SKY Wi-Fi, tried WPS Button and manual setup to no avail. 

Any suggestions

bgerman
Explorer

The cause of the issue is the wireless channel.  My router was on channel 13, I changed this down to 11 and the TV picked up my wireless network instantly.  Thanks to this thread for the solution http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/New-Sony-TV-wont-connect-using-wireless/td-p/2407601