Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XD7005 Amazon app causing issues

SOLVED
Dave-M
Explorer

KD55XD7005 Amazon app causing issues

Hi,

I have the KD55XD7005 TV and I'm having a few issues.  I'm trying to watch the Amazon prime app that's built into the TV and it has been working ok, but in the past week it has required a full restart of the TV before it would play video, and then a couple of days ago, there was an error appeared onscreen regarding the audio pass through to an external amp, it was saying something like - the audio system has failed.  Since then, the audio return from the TV to the amp doesn't work from the amazon app.  It is fine from Netflix and other external sources, just the amazon app is broken.

Then, tonight, the amazon app had no sound through the amp, just out of the TV speakers and I restarted the TV and then the app started to give an internet connection problem error each time the amazon app starts up.  The TV is definitely connected to the internet and the connection is good as netflix etc works fine.

So far, I've deleted the cache/date for the amazon app, but still no luck.

Can anyone help please?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave-M
Explorer

Fixed it with a factory reset.  Pain in the *****!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dave-M
Explorer

Fixed it with a factory reset.  Pain in the *****!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting back.  Unfortunately a factory reset is very common with Android TVs :cry:

Dave-M
Explorer

Thanks for replying.  Factory reset wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to save picture settings and that kind of thing to a usb drive.  2 factory resets in about 6 weeks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fully agree with you.  I suggested this to Sony back in 2014 :slight_smile:

VOC - Backup Settings.jpg