Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XF8796 Doesnt see my Windows 10 PC

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
richardmaureen0403

KD55XF8796 Doesnt see my Windows 10 PC

I have a KD-55XF8796  a Lenovo Ideacentre AIO 700 PC and a Panasonic PVR all hard wired back to my Virgin Media Hub 3. The TV recognises the Panasonic PVR allowing me to play videos recorded on it, but it does not recognise my PC even though the PC sees the TV in Media Streaming and PC discovery is turned on. The Panasonic PVR recognises my PC and allows me to play videos from it. My previous TV an LG worked perfectly but wanted an upgrade and considered the picture quality far better on the Sony. I hope I have not made an mistake buying the Sony.

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Assuming your are using the stock Video app, it can see media files share by device only via DLNA protocol. Windows has is own configuration for this and related options in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options along with firewall setting. You should check that everything is configured correctly on it in order for the tv to access it.

BTW, rather different from LG, on Android TV you can download whatever player you like on the store (I use Nova Player for example) that can still access DLNA media sharing (so you can use it also to double check that the configuration is right) but also directly via disk share (SMB for windows)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Assuming your are using the stock Video app, it can see media files share by device only via DLNA protocol. Windows has is own configuration for this and related options in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options along with firewall setting. You should check that everything is configured correctly on it in order for the tv to access it.

BTW, rather different from LG, on Android TV you can download whatever player you like on the store (I use Nova Player for example) that can still access DLNA media sharing (so you can use it also to double check that the configuration is right) but also directly via disk share (SMB for windows)

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

I am also using SMB shares from the PC to the TV with VLC and KODI.

Another way is to connect the TV with an HDMI cable to the PC's videocard, plus using a RF mouse from the TV couch, with the RF receiver on a USB port of the PC.

profile.country.GB.title
richardmaureen0403

Thanks rooob problem cured I think it was because there was a firewall on my private network which I turned off. I will be loading Nova Player to see how it works the TV and PC are quite a way from each other, but will be looking at SMB shares.

Again Many thanks

Richard