Join now - be part of our community!

KD65-A1 Intermittent power issue

profile.country.GB.title
Griffin
New

KD65-A1 Intermittent power issue

Hi all.

I've been having a somewhat strange issue with my KD65-A1. A few months ago it refused to power on, either with the remote or button on the stand. I tried leaving unplugged, hard android reset etc and nothing helped. No signs of life. Eventually I gave up and planned to call an engineer (Never did!). Weeks went by and I randomly decided to try again and it powered up! It then continued to work for a short period before stopping as before. This has happened at least two more times over the last 6 months. Random intervals of time pass, it comes back on, sometimes for weeks, then without warning refuses to power on again. It never shuts off when in use, just doesn't come on from standby.

When it's working it functions as expected, settings and accounts are remembered and nothing has reset. It just decides to take a few weeks off for no good reason.

I realise this is an older unit now but I'm not ready to give up on it just yet. I can acquire a new power board but the motherboards seem to be long gone and I don't even know which would be the one likely to be the cause.

Any help would be amazing.

0 REPLIES 0