Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XH9005 - HDMI 2.1

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

KD65XH9005 - HDMI 2.1

Hi all,

2nd question in a short space of time after my 1st question was answered very quickly!

Looking to get KD65XH9005 for gaming. It is listed as one of 2 TV's that will have 2 x HDMI 2.1 ports, but requires a firmware update to enable all the features - VRR / ALLM / 4k@120 (I believe eArc is already enabled and can run on HDMI 2.0). Does anyone know if the firmware has been updated to include these features or if not, any dates as to when they will enable it? Will it be done to coincide with the PS5 release?

I hope that Sony don't go back on their word and promise it will be enabled and never come round to updating the firmware.

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

That's true also. I guess I'm just niggled that LG and Samsung can have this stuff ready out of the box when Sony has the biggest motivation to get it right with the PS5 and they are lagging behind. I'm sure I'll get over it 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
zubs2020
Explorer

ok, out of the blue. Sony has released a firmware update today to enable 4k/120 . The VRR etc update will follow at at a later date.

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

Brilliant news! thanks for the update. I'll take a look later to see if the update has gone through on my TV and report back.

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

Just want to report back to say that my KD65XH9005BU received a firmware update (v6.0384) last night and it had the added functionality:

Support for Apple TV app

Enables 4k@120hz support for PS5

Enables eARC support

Parental control for limiting viewing time

Solves issue where channels switch by themselves after changing the channel order

As zubs2020 mentioned earlier on, the VRR and ALLM will be enabled at a later date for the gamers amongst us. At least its good news that they have at least partially kept to their promise so far of including the HDMI 2.1 features.

Hope you may find this information useful.

profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

Hi, I installed the update early hours this morning. Since the update I seem to get terrible popping from the built in speakers when I'm on a hdmi 4 (enhanced 4k/120)connection to my ps4 Pro. I also get terrible lip sync now. When I go to the TV apps the speakers are fine and lip sync is great its only when I use my ps4 do I get these problems. I've only had these problems since the update.  Kd65xh929 6bu. Is there anyone that could help/advise on a way to solve this?

Many thanks

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

Hi,

I've got a different model TV to you (KD65XH9005BU), I've been on Netflix / Sky TV / media player app since the firmware upgrade and lip synch is fine on all of them. I haven't used my PS4 yet, but I'll have a go tonight and let you know if there are any issues with gaming, however I don't use my PS4 to play media apps, I use the apps on the TV direct.

profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

Thanks pal. The TV apps work great, its just when using the ps4 I get speaker crackle/popping using YouTube, Netflix and playing blu Ray films. The sound issues don't start straight away its about 3-5 minutes in. the lip sync issue on seems to be you tube and Netflix only atm.

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

Any reason why you are going via your PS to use those apps rather than direct through TV? I always thought going through a device connected to the TV just adds an extra layer that isn't required if you can use the native apps on the TV. Not for one moment saying its wrong, just curious that's all.

profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

I do normally use the TV apps but was checking ps4 was mainly for games and blu Ray films and had issues with both with the crackle/popping of speakers then check YouTube and Netflix when I got the lip sync issues.

profile.country.GB.title
GreenySCFC

Hiya mate. Just a quick update, I've been able to solve the problem by doing a "forced factory reset"  did it about an 40 is minutes ago and everything atm seems to be fine now.

I'll drop a link here on how to do a forced factory reset if you need it.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00159906

Copy and paste if the link doesn't work but it as of writing this it has solved my issue.

Thanks for your help. 👍