Join now - be part of our community!

KD75XE9005 lost 4K option after update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Fabkins
Explorer

KD75XE9005 lost 4K option after update

I had a firmware update for the TV and I then update Prime through Google Play app.   Don't know which caused the problem but the 4k content section in Amazon Prime is gone.  Netflix is fine.

If I go to content that I know has 4K like American Gods or The Grand Tour, they only stream in 1080p.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ltb1986
Explorer

Thought i had same problem, but you have to scroll aaal the way down until you find the 4k specific section, odd.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Try searching the forum for keywords like Prime and 4K. There are numerous threads were you can read helpful steps in resolving the issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
ltb1986
Explorer

Thought i had same problem, but you have to scroll aaal the way down until you find the 4k specific section, odd.

profile.country.GB.title
Fabkins
Explorer

Thanks,  I found it at the bottom.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Your advertised internet connection speed is probably at around 20mbps. As I understand, what the new Prime Video app is doing in the background are bandwidth tests. If it finds your bandwidth to be around 15mbps (actual) then it pushes 4K content away to the bottom, and suggests the 1080 HD versions of 4K original content in the search results too.