Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-50w755c keeps auto dimming

profile.country.en_GB.title
matrigw69
Explorer

kdl-50w755c keeps auto dimming

Hi, my kdl-50w755c android tv keeps auto dimming. trying to watch walking dead and the dark scenes do an obvious light level adjustment. I have turned off the light sensor but nothing. It brightens up again when I hit the volume botton or something. the content is being played out of my sky box through HDMI. does anyone know anything about this problem? I have searched the forums and cant find anything...

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@bartkeeper

On your preferred input, press :

1. ACTION MENU on remote control.

2. Under Display & Sound select :

Light sensor - Off

Your screen will become brighter but this solves issue almost 100%.

At least I can watch a movie, without to notice this issue every time subtitles appear.

bartkeeper
Explorer

Hi MiCal1967!

thnx for the reply. But the light sensor is already off. Almost every option in the menu is off. Still when i watch Netflix or movies the dark scenes will react on the brightness. When you know it, it will be very annoying. When there are no dark scenes the picture is georgeous. I think its a option in the software we cannot disable. When watching the serie "blood lines" it become very to the front. Sorry for my bad English (dutch boy)

toolsk
New

Thank you very much thia worked for me,for a minute I thought my TV was faulty,,so thanks again

Rob67XL
Explorer

Did all that. Still auto dimming. As if i didn't turned it all off.

There was an update yesterday(26-7-2016), but it didn't fix that. I have the 43" version, but i think the software is the same.

profile.country.GB.title
tosh.se1
Explorer

I agree - despite recent upgrade picture still dims, especially on Netflix.  Once you've seen it, forever irritating. Do you also notice a slight lipsync problem with Netflix?

RichardInCambs
Explorer

Is this bug going to be fixed any time soon? It's making some shows on Amazon Prime and Netflix practically unwatchable - the brightness fluctuates wildly.

It appears that it's actually impossible to turn the Advance contrast enhancer off - it says it's off, but in actual fact it's not.

I have all other brightness-related issues turned off.

The retailer seems to be aware of the issue, and it appears that I'll be able to swap the TV if the issue isn't resolved. Do we have a timeframe for fixing this issue?

nysastyle
New

Seamed to sort it out for me

Go to Settings > Daydream and set 'When to Sleep' to 'Never'
Activate developers mode by going to Settings > About > Build and press OK 7 times
Go out of settings completely (back to home screen)
Go to Settings > Developers Mode > General and set 'Stay Awake' to 'On'
Return out of settings and use web browser as you wish.

Note: Developers mode must stay enabled for this to work. To disable developers mode, you must do a factory reset.

Serghar
New

hello I have the same problem with kdl 43w 755 The strange is that happen  and every time I try to change the volume and us long us the volume display shown in the screen. End ideas; what Sony said about that;

fredyvh
Explorer

Hello , fom Spain i recently bought a Sony KDL 65W858C and had the same problem, i tried any posible configurations and did the same , with the light sensor and advanced contrast and all features off !!!

it is very anoying especially in an expensive TV like this , and it is a big fault that SONY  did not solve this problem yet , it is so simple as cancel this auto dimming funtion that anybody uses....

As my tv had 15 days to try , i decide to return it and change for other unit, but if this unit makes the same , i will retunt it again , and STOP BUYING SONY TV,  and i ´m a SONY-MAN ...

SAD BUT TRUE...

cheers !!!, and sorry for my english ....

Alfredo.

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Well sony may call it as an intended feature but it is so annoying. Can we not ask sony to reconsider changing this back to normal where it doesnt dim the screen.