Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W807C DC Adapter ampage output needed..anyone know?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Macushla_music
Explorer

KDL-50W807C DC Adapter ampage output needed..anyone know?

Need a new power adapter but found the listed part number of the Sony item is only being sold at quite hefty prices, to say the least. I know they need to be DC 120W 19.5V with the correct plug size etc. and I have found many for sale with that spec. which are much cheaper..and they are genuine Sony Bravia power adapters...problem is that they have different output Amps and I cannot find what Amps are required for the above mentioned TV.

Any knowledge/advoce greatly recieved.

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

I know this is difficult to find a 10A power supply from tv manufacturers. A 10A is not necessary but in my opinion all switching power supplies should be more than device requires for security reasons and enviromental reasons(Not good ventilation in area, hot summer time, heating devices etc.)

A 6.7A is good enough for your device and this will not damage your TV except of course in case of faulty item or reverse polarity connection if so possible(usually non manufacturer)

Lower amperes symptoms could be No power on, Only leds on, No boot etc. This will not damage your TV BUT MUST be removed immediately.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

P=V*I

I=P/V

This means at least 6.2 Amperes for DC consumption @  19.2 Volt.

A 10 Amperes power supply shall be safe and reliable.

profile.country.GB.title
Macushla_music
Explorer

Thanks for that..can I ask why the ones I have seen for sale (which are Bravia similar models..some bigger screened etc.) only seem to be from about 3.2 to 6,7 sort of amps even though they have 19.5v outputs?

Is a 10amp absolutely essential or do lower ones also suffice?

Sorry to be thick about this..just trying to make sure I dont get one that will damage the TV.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

I know this is difficult to find a 10A power supply from tv manufacturers. A 10A is not necessary but in my opinion all switching power supplies should be more than device requires for security reasons and enviromental reasons(Not good ventilation in area, hot summer time, heating devices etc.)

A 6.7A is good enough for your device and this will not damage your TV except of course in case of faulty item or reverse polarity connection if so possible(usually non manufacturer)

Lower amperes symptoms could be No power on, Only leds on, No boot etc. This will not damage your TV BUT MUST be removed immediately.

profile.country.GB.title
Macushla_music
Explorer

Thanks very much..you have been informative and very kind to take the time to assist me.

Top Marks to you!

Gary

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Thank you.

Just try to select a good quality one and guaranteed. Try to avoid very cheap ones.

Check for its protection circuits(Overvoltage, short-circuit etc)